The Application Process
Bridges Charter School strives to attract, enroll, and retain a diverse population of students and families that are representative of the rich diversity in Ventura County. Bridges Charter School is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations. We are a public school, and we do not charge tuition.
Applications for enrollment at Bridges Charter School will be accepted ongoing all year. Please call our office if you are interested in enrolling your child at Bridges before March: 805-492-3569.
After early-March no new students will be enrolled in the school to protect the public lottery process. Any students wishing to attend Bridges after early-March will have to wait until after the lottery to process their enrollment packet.
Lottery Admission Process
- The school will also issue an “intent to continue” form which will be due no later than Feb TBA to its current families to ensure space for the following school year. Once those forms have been collected, the administration will determine the number of spots available for the following school.
- Based on the available number of spots, the administration will announce publicly how many spots are available as compared to how many students have completed the application process. If there are more applicants than spots available, Bridges will hold a public random drawing to determine enrollment for the impacted grade levels in accordance with Education Code Section 47605(d)(B)
- Based on the lottery drawing, a waiting list will be developed from the list of students who do not receive admission in the order in which they are drawn and will be considered should a vacancy occur during the year.
- Students on the waiting list will be notified by phone or mail immediately if space becomes available and they will have one week to return the enrollment forms. If the enrollment forms are not returned in one week, Bridges will notify the next family on the list. Bridges will maintain auditable records of all admissions activities.
- Siblings of currently enrolled students
- Students residing in the former Park Oaks School Boundary
- Children of Bridges Charter School employees
- Students who reside in CVUSD
- Students residing in other school districts
Parents / guardians will be notified of admission in a timely fashion following the enrollment process. The parent(s) who children are selected to attend Bridges will be required to provide registration information as need by the school’s registrar.
During the school year, parents wishing to enroll their students will meet with the Director to review the school. We will also advise the parents on the current enrollment to determine where the student would fall on the wait list, or if there is space in the grade the student would be placed in. Upon completion of meeting with the Director, the family will be directed to the school registrar for enrollment packet and information.
BRIDGES Charter School prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying and sexual harassment based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, immigration status, marital status, parental status, family status, pregnancy status, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics in all educational programs, school related or school sponsored activities, school attendance or employment policies which may have an impact or create a hostile environment at school as required by Title IX of the 1972 Education amendments, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the American with Disabilities Act, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, and other applicable laws and regulations. For questions or concerns regarding discrimination, harassment, intimidation, bullying or sexual harassment, please contact the charter school’s Assistant Director, Cindy McCarthy, 1335 Calle Bouganvilla, Thousand Oaks, Ca. 91362, 805-492-3569. email@example.com