From the Directors
Cindy and Kelly are a dynamic team at Bridges — they both believe in whole child education, and are committed to leadership that is proactive, collaborative, and equitable.
As Director, Kelly serves as the Principal/Superintendent at Bridges Charter School. She chose Bridges because the Charter embodies every component of education necessary for children to be successful socially, emotionally, and academically.
- PhD in Education from UC Santa Barbara
- Expertise in child development, literacy, teacher development, project based learning, and assessment
- Director of a Writing Center
- Taught and supervised teachers in Teacher Education
- Taught writing and critical thinking at colleges and universities
- Background as a high school, middle school, and elementary teacher
As Assistant Director, Cindy works to build our school community by building close relationships with students and parents. She chose Bridges because she was looking for a community that embraced growth mindset, human struggle, resilience, compassion, and tolerance while providing a nurturing and safe environment for children to explore. She describes Bridges as the perfect home.
- An educator for over 30 years including:
- Middle School and High School Classroom Teacher
- University Interscholastic League Coach
- Student Council Adviser, Cheerleading Coach, Volleyball, and Track Coach
- Math Department and Lead Chair, Technology Coordinator, Title I Coordinator
- Mentor and New Teacher Supervisor
- Founding teacher with Bridges’ CORE Middle School
- Background in
- Gifted & Talented and Advanced Placement
- Administrative Leadership
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Mother of five and grandmother of three
I chose Bridges Charter School because I was looking for a community that embraced growth mindset, human struggle, resilience, compassion, and tolerance while providing a nurturing and safe environment for children to explore. Bridges is the perfect fit and home for me.